Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Big News!!



I'm finally ready to spill the beans and tell you what i have been working on this past week! You will see something new on my side bar here.....Yes it's my very own Etsy Shop!! Hearts at Home Designs!

I have been wanting to open an Etsy Shop for a while but just never took the time to do it. The reason I took the plunge at this time is for a bigger and better cause than just me selling my items. Let me tell you what God has been doing!

The kids and I have been learning about Africa and the many orphans that are trying to survive there. Our hearts have been touched by their stores and their lives and we have decided to try to make a difference in their lives by raising money to send to them. This money would provide clean water, food and many basic things that we take for granted. Now, we like to create and so God gave us the idea of creating for Him!

We have been following an amazing ministry called Amazima. A young girl named Katie is running this ministry and blogs about her days giving us a glimpse of the daily needs of these children. The need is so great and we are told in James 1:27 to help the fatherless and the widows.

And so we are stepping out in faith that God will use our hands to produce items that will raise money to help these children of God! We will be giving to Amazima Ministries 50% of all our profit from the Etsy store! So please go and browse through our store and come back often as we will be adding things on a regular basis!

We will also be taking custom orders so if you have a favorite verse or saying and you would like it made into a canvas or a card, please just let me know!

We look forward to seeing God move, won't you join us!

smaller one

No comments: