Friday, November 6, 2009

It's party time!!

Warning! Picture heavy post coming up!! I have been really busy this week getting stuff together for Emily's sweet 16 party this Saturday!! And of course that included creating some hybrid items and altered items!! If your coming to the party on Sat. don't look!!!

First I put together this really cool Birthday Bouquet! I copied  this from a baby shower one that was made and shared over at the digichick!! Real cute and super easy!! You can find the directions here .


Next I made these center pieces for the tables! They are also the thank you favors we will be giving out! All I did was take the clear icing bags and fill them with skittles....one of Emily's fav candies! Tied them up with ribbon and a cute tag that says Thanks for sharing my special day! then I placed about 6 of them in a clear jar I picked up at the dollar store....I put black tissue paper in the botom. They will look like candy bouquets on the tables!




This is a journal I altered and it will sit on the gift table. We want everyone that attends to write Emily some words of wisdom in it.....then she will have a bit of wisdom from everyone at her party!




I am so excited to get to the hall and get it decorated and all ready......I'll take lots of pictures and come back and share all about it!!

smaller one

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

can't wait to see photos of the place all prettied up with your goodies!! your candy bouquet turned out GREAT with the black and red combo!!!!

HeatherB said...

Wow, that bouquet and the centre pieces turned out amazing. Can't wait to see the photos of all the decorations! :)